Michael D. Schaller | Associate
Mr. Schaller concentrates his practice on personal injury as well as criminal defense and municipal court matters, including representing clients charged with DWI, domestic violence and possession of controlled dangerous substances. Mr. Schaller is the public defender in both Point Pleasant and Point Pleasant Beach.
Prior to joining KMW, Mr. Schaller served as a member of the New Jersey State Police for 26 years. Mr. Schaller retired from the NJSP in 2012 holding the rank of Major and title of Chief of Staff to the Superintendent. During his career, Mr. Schaller handled complex criminal investigations, as well as worked in conjunction with the Office of the Attorney General regarding civil litigation involving alleged wrongdoing by State Police personnel.
During law school, Mr. Schaller was a member of the Constitutional Law Journal for three years. Mr. Schaller was also a member of the Consumer Law Clinic during his last year of law school where he was able to work with and for indigent clients on a variety of civil lawsuits and related matters.
- Personal Injury
- DUI and other offenses
- Real Estate
- State of New Jersey, Superior and Supreme Court
- 1998 – State of New Jersey
- Ocean County Bar Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – New Jersey
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall University and Georgian Court University
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. cum laude 1998
- Georgian Court University, B.A. 1994