New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers
Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC understand the hardships our clients and their families experience after suffering an injury. Our experienced legal team advocates for personal injury plaintiffs across New Jersey. We take the time to listen to questions and concerns, and we are committed to achieving the best possible outcome in each case. If you have been injured in an accident, you can count on our skilled New Jersey personal injury lawyers to fight to help you recover maximum financial compensation from all responsible parties.
Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers handle a wide variety of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents: A prompt investigation is critical to discovering all causes of an accident and injuries.
- Drunk driving accidents: Timing may be especially important in the case of a crash involving a driver with an elevated blood alcohol level.
- Truck accidents and bus accidents: Commercial vehicle accident cases often have complex insurance issues to resolve. Contact a law firm with ample experience helping the injured obtain compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents: An injured motorcyclist should not be presumed to be at fault without a detailed investigation. Unfortunately, police, insurance companies and juries often assume this is the case without sufficient evidence.
- Pedestrian accidents: We can help you obtain compensation after a hit-and-run crosswalk accident or any type of pedestrian accident.
- Boating accidents: Our law firm has helped boating accident victims in Toms River, Monmouth County, Ocean County and throughout the state.
- Defective products: Sometimes an investigation into the cause of a car or boating accident case reveals that a defective part contributed to the crash.
- Slip-and-fall: If you suffered a broken bone, back injury or head injury in an ice and snow accident or other premises accident, we can evaluate your case .
- Dog bites: Listen carefully to the advice of a plastic surgeon. Do not settle a dog bite case until you have a clear idea of the prognosis.
- Construction accidents: There may be a third-party liability claim in addition to a workers’ compensation case after a workplace accident at a building site. This is also true of any type of on-the-job injury.
- Toxic torts: If you were made sick or if your family member died because of exposure to toxic chemicals, talk to a personal injury attorney.
- Spinal cord injury: We understand that you need compensation not only for medical treatment after a serious accident, but also for rehabilitation and personal care long term.
- Burn injury: Be careful not to settle a burn injury claim too soon. You may need plastic surgery at a later time. Talk to a lawyer to learn how to get your medical bills paid now as well as plan for the future.
- Wrongful death: Next of kin gratefully turn to Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, for respectful legal services and confident representation after a fatality. Our lawyers manage wrongful death claims for bereaved family members.
Personal Injury Law FAQ’s
There is a never a bad time to consult with a personal injury attorney if you or a loved one has been injured by somebody else, but it is often most advantageous to speak to a personal injury attorney as soon after the injury as possible. Talking to one of our experienced trial attorneys with knowledge of the complex personal injury process can provide you with direction and support moving forward, and will provide you with an advocate fighting for justice and monetary compensation on your behalf every step of the way.
At KMW, all personal injury consultations are free and we don’t receive a fee unless we recover monetary compensation on your behalf.
The average personal injury settlement is hard to pin down because every case is unique. According to a Jury Verdict Research study, the median award in a personal injury case is $100,000. In some New Jersey cases, it is also possible to recover up to $350,000 in punitive damages.
There are numerous factors that can influence your settlement, such as the extent of your injuries, your disability, and your ability to work. Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers are dedicated to fighting to obtain the highest possible financial award on behalf of our clients
A lawsuit is initiated by the filing of a Complaint against those responsible for your injuries. After that, the lawsuit enters a mandatory discovery phase during which the parties exchange documents and depose witnesses relevant to the case. After the discovery phase ends, the case will be listed for trial.
We prepare every case as if it is going to trial. In our experience, this can maximize case value. Although all of our personal injury clients must understand that their case may ultimately go to trial, most of our clients’ cases resolve by monetary settlement before trial begins.
Your health and safety are paramount after being injured in any kind of accident. The first thing you should do is seek immediate medical attention. Make sure to report the incident, and get copies of any police reports and documents related to your medical treatment. Do your best to exchange contact information with all parties involved and eyewitness. Take pictures of the scene of the accident if possible, and remember to never admit fault.
It is also critical to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after suffering an injury in an accident. A New Jersey personal injury lawyer can handle all interactions between parties and insurance companies and protect your rights. We can take care of the details of your case and give you the legal support you need as soon as you retain our services.
Personal injuries can range from minor to catastrophic. Our dedicated attorneys at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC know that any type of injury can have an overwhelming impact on our clients and their loved ones.
Common types of personal injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back and disc injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers fight for clients to receive compensation for the physical pain, emotional trauma, and financial losses they have endured. Compensation may be able to cover the following:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing home care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical devices and home alterations
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
In some personal injury cases, we may also seek punitive damages. Punitive damages are sought in an effort to punish the responsible party and prevent others from engaging in such egregious behavior.
In cases where a person’s life is lost as the result of someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, we may file a wrongful death lawsuit.
It is common for more than one party to be held liable in personal injury matters. This is especially the case in multi-vehicle collisions or in crashes involving large commercial trucks. There can also be multiple parties in defective products and premises liability matters.
The following are parties who may be held liable for the injuries and harm they cause to innocent victims:
- Negligent and reckless drivers
- Commercial trucking companies
- Manufacturers and distributors
- Auto repair shops
- Parties responsible for road maintenance
- Property owners
- Government entities
Clients who seek our legal services can trust that we will file claims against all liable parties in their personal injury matter. We carefully review the details of each individual case and strive towards a favorable resolution.
In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years. Failure to file a claim within two years from the date of injury, or the date the injury should have been discovered, can prevent you from filing a lawsuit in court. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help ensure your case is handled in a timely and efficient manner.
When clients retain our legal services, they have peace of mind knowing they have top-quality representation. Once you hire one of our experienced attorneys after an accident, we can handle all the details so you can focus on healing.
Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers can do the following:
- Thoroughly investigate the incident that led to your injury.
- Gather all necessary evidence to prove liability and fault in your case.
- Review photos of the accident scene, police reports, and eyewitness statements.
- Gather all records related to your medical treatment and ongoing care.
- Help calculate damages, including time missed from work.
- File claims against all liable parties.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel and insurance companies.
- Take your case to trial in pursuit of a favorable verdict.
At Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, we know that when someone retains an attorney, they put their trust in the hands of their legal advocate. We take that responsibility seriously.