Point Pleasant Personal Injury Lawyers
An injury can change your life. You may experience financial hardship, a long recovery, and lost income if you cannot work temporarily or permanently after an accident. An injury can also result in emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and a reduced quality of life. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses if you have been injured by negligence.
Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC has provided exceptional legal services to Point Pleasant, New Jersey residents since 1991. Our Point Pleasant personal injury lawyers passionately pursue justice for our clients who have been injured. We have a stellar reputation and a proven track record of obtaining millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC Handle?
Our Point Pleasant personal injury lawyers are skilled and experienced litigators dedicated to helping clients recover maximum compensation. We represent clients who have suffered injuries in a wide range of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Boating Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Toxic Torts
- Truck Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
How Can a Point Pleasant Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
An accident can have consequences that alter the course of your life. An accident injury can cause pain and suffering, financial hardship, lost wages and future earnings, property damage, and lifelong medical conditions or disabilities.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer alleviates some burdens of pursuing your claims and negotiating with insurance companies or opposing counsel when you should focus on your recovery. Our Point Pleasant personal injury lawyers can fight on your behalf to do the following:
- Investigate the accident and evidence.
- Obtain witness statements.
- Work with experts on any aspect of your claim, such as medical, financial, or automotive fields.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel and insurance companies if possible.
- Represent you in the courtroom if necessary.
At Kitrick McWeeney & Wells, LLC, we stand by our clients every step of the way and relentlessly fight for justice.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Point Pleasant?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident, two years from the date of death in wrongful death cases, and six years for property damage claims.
How Do I Pay for Medical Expenses After an Accident?
There are many ways to cover expenses related to your injuries, with some variation depending on the type of accident, such as:
- Auto insurance: If you are injured in a car accident, New Jersey’s no-fault laws dictate that you must carry personal injury protection (PIP) as part of your auto coverage. When an accident occurs, each driver should utilize their coverage to pay for expenses up to policy limits, regardless of who is at fault.
- Private health insurance: You can choose whether to use your health insurance to cover medical expenses related to car accident injuries. This provides you with two avenues of coverage, first with your personal health insurance and second with your auto insurance coverage.
- Medical liens: Medical liens are a repayment demand health insurer to recover a portion of expenses paid for treatment of your injuries that will be extracted from any settlement you receive that you are directly responsible for through your copay or direct billing.
- Medicaid: Medicaid pays for medical expenses at a significantly reduced rate for those qualified and covers almost all costs related to your injuries and care. Medicaid is entitled to a portion of your settlement to recoup some expense, much less than health insurance liens.
- Medicare: Medicare covers many medical expenses for those 65 and older.
- Workers’ Compensation: If you are injured at work, Workers’ Compensation pays for medical expenses, partial lost wages, and disability.
You may be directly responsible for some out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries or ongoing medical care not always covered by insurance, such as medications, medical equipment, and travel expenses.
In addition, if you face uncovered expenses, you may be eligible for a payment plan or to negotiate lower bills with medical providers, depending on your financial situation, insurance policy, where you live, and the healthcare company.
About Point Pleasant
Point Pleasant is located along the Barnegat Peninsula of the Jersey Shore in Ocean County, New Jersey. The area is also situated along the Intracoastal Waterway, extending the United States’s East Coast from New Jersey to Florida. Point Pleasant is home to gorgeous beaches that attract thousands of tourists annually and boost the local economy.
Point Pleasant Personal Injury Lawyers at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC Help Injured Clients Seek Justice and Compensation
Accident injuries can impact you and your loved ones. If someone else’s negligence has injured you, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. Our skilled Point Pleasant personal injury lawyers at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC can fight to obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us at 732-920-8383 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Manasquan and Brick, New Jersey, we serve clients in Middlesex County, Atlantic County, Mercer County, Monmouth County, and Ocean County.