Toms River Personal Injury Lawyers
Toms River, New Jersey is situated along the Atlantic coastline in what is commonly known as the Jersey Shore. Toms River swells with hundreds of thousands of visitors yearly. Movie and television producers are also drawn to the bustling and scenic locality. Toms River is prominently featured in many films, reality shows, and news outlets.
For over 30 years, our personal injury lawyers have proudly served Toms River residents who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC Handle?
At Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC, our knowledgeable Toms River personal injury lawyers represent clients who have suffered injuries in a wide range of accidents, including:
- Car Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Truck and Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Defective Products
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bites
- Construction Accidents
- Toxic Torts
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
What Are Common Accident Injuries?
Injuries can occur in almost any kind of accident with a wide range of severity, from mild to severe and even permanently disabling. The most common types of injuries include:
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Concussion and head injuries
- Crushed or severed limbs
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Mental health conditions
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Partial or full paralysis
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
What Compensation Can I Seek for My Injuries?
For any accident resulting in injuries, compensation is usually determined through economic and non-economic damages based on the accident’s circumstances and the extent of injuries.
Economic damages are the documented financial costs and expenses related to the accident and may include:
- Lost wages and future earning capacity
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Medical expenses
- Medical devices and equipment
- Ongoing medical care
- Repair costs
Non-economic damages are undocumented costs related to the pain and suffering you have endured from the accident and may include:
- Chronic pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
What Should I Do if I Suffer an Injury in an Accident?
The steps you take following an accident can help provide evidence to support your personal injury claim. If you are not seriously injured, you should do the following after any type of accident:
- Report the accident and injuries to the police if you are in a car accident.
- Photograph the scene, including what led to or contributed to the accident, the injuries, and the damage. If the accident occurs outside, document the property, weather conditions, lighting, and any other contributing factors.
- Gather contact information and statements from any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you believe your injuries are minor. The medical report documenting your injuries is also a crucial element of your claim. You should also request a copy of the accident report from the property manager if your accident occurred on private or public property.
- Keep all records of the accident and your injuries, such as accident and medical reports, invoices, estimates, and any communication you receive.
- Consult a knowledgeable lawyer experienced with all types of personal injury cases, especially if you are injured on private property, as determining liability in injury cases is complex.
Additionally, you should limit your conversation with others on the scene. Exchange contact and insurance information with the property manager or vehicle driver, but do not engage in further conversation, argue, or apologize. Statements you make at that moment can be used against you later.
Is There a Deadline to File a Personal Injury Claim in New Jersey?
New Jersey’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the accident date or death date.
How Can Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC Law Help With My Personal Injury Case?
We have over 30 years of personal injury experience. Our Toms River personal injury lawyers are exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced in handling such complex cases and, on your behalf, can do the following:
- Investigate the accident scene.
- Review property accident or police reports.
- Establish your current and future necessary medical care with your medical team.
- File all required documents.
- Consult or hire outside experts, if necessary.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel and insurance companies for an appropriate settlement.
- Represent you in court should the case proceed to trial.
Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC has established a solid reputation and history of successfully obtaining millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Toms River Personal Injury Lawyers at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC Offer Free, No-Obligation Initial Consultations
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, you have limited time to file a claim. Our Toms River personal injury lawyers at Kitrick, McWeeney & Wells, LLC can ensure your claims are filed against all liable parties in a timely and efficient manner. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no upfront or out-pocket-costs until we recover compensation. Call us at 732-920-8383 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Brick, New Jersey, we serve clients in Middlesex County, Atlantic County, Mercer County, Monmouth County, and Ocean County.